Monday, May 14, 2007

I'm in Kandahar!

So, here I am in Kandahar, at a small place called Shir Zai. Right this minute I'm watching "Anger management" on my laptop, and it sucks. Not only does it suck, it's one of those movies that just makes me feel like crap. So, I'm going to watch the rest of it, then tell my wife, and all of you, just how lousy of a movie it is. (maybe it's just that I dislike Jack Nicholson so much, though).

Anyway, Shir Zai is small. The barracks are just as cramped as they were at Phoenix, but with more amenities and less rank to watch us. Lets see, what else, there's a lot of work to go around, and a nice gym for us to exercise in when we're off duty. The mess halls here are pretty nice, and I like the food. I don't understand why so many people complain about the chow so much.

We flew here from Kabul in a C-130. That was a cramped and uncomfortable flight. I got my picture taken with an Aussie Steyr AUG, though. I still need to get my pic taken with a UK FAMAS, but that's gonna take a while, I think.

Kandahar is a much more spread out base than Camp Phoenix. Phoenix was about the size of a large city block. Kandahar is about the size of DFW. We have several Humvees and LTVs assigned to the company now.

Hmm, I can't think of what else to say. I like Afghanistan so far, though, although I do miss my family. I think I've had some opportunities to witness, but the Lord is making them harder to identify. I think I'm supposed to work harder to identify them and push myself to take advantage of them. I hope everyone out there is still praying for my witness.

No comments: