Saturday, February 24, 2007

11 Charlie qualified!

I have completed Eleven-Charlie school and am now certified as having dual MOS qualifications (triple quals, in fact, since I was trained at Ft. Benning as an Infantry (11B) soldier, then given 2 weeks of 11M training). This means a few more promotion points, but I have to get my PT scores up in order to really compete for promotions. Which will be hard to do, because...

I think I blew out my knees and ankles in that 3 mile foot march. Since then, my knees and ankles hurt everywhere I go, and feel very weak. I don't know if it's a muscle thing or something worse, but I keep hoping it'll go away so I can get back to being Infantry. Pray about that.

I had another chance to witness last night, to a soldier whose last name was Williams. He's lost, thinks he's a Christian, but isn't indwelt, or has fallen so far away from the Lord that he doesn't feel His guidance. I hope you'll pray for him.

Also, the roster for our company has been changed and a couple of the younger soldiers from 11C school have been transferred to us, rather than the two or three soldiers that we thought we would get. This means more opportunities to witness! I actually caught one of these soldiers mitigating his use of the F-word because I was around, so hopefully I'm living a decent example. Pray that I manage to keep that up as well.

Tomorrow we go back out into the field for most of the week, so I probably won't update this for another week or so. I still have numerous issues to deal with before I can be mobilized, including straightening out my records, having a tooth pulled, and some other stuff. So the next six weeks or so will be busy, but (God willing my ankles heal) filled with good training!

There's been lots of other amusing things happening, like Battalion HQ trying to transfer my section leader to a different company because he was a "filler, " and then swapping around our troop list about three times before settling back down. Sgt. Arflin was about apopleptic earlier today, which I found very amusing. Still, he's a good NCO, with combat experience and a really good attitude about what we're doing, so I feel that I'm in good hands.

No comments: