Monday, February 12, 2007

Another day of training done

Today, we trained on the M9 pistol. In the civilian world, it's the Beretta 92F. The instructors don't particularly like it, but hey, it's standard issue, so they teach us the best they can.

We had PT in the morning, and that was tough. Thank God for it, because I know I'm not in very good shape, and every workout like this gets me closer to being where I need to be.

We also fired the M203 grenade launcher, which was lots of fun. I was able to hit targets out past max effective range with it, and the closer stuff was easy. It's a fun weapon to shoot, and the body armor makes it much less painful!

Tomorrow we start learning specific things about the mortars, and presumably get our hands on them to actually practice with stuff. Should be a good time.

I'm still having unit issues, like no army socks, only one pair of boots, no nametapes, rank insignia, or pin-on rank yet. But that will all get sorted out eventually, I'm sure (?). I hope that being multiple-MOS-qualified turns out to be a useful thing later on, even though I'm only qualified in multiple infantry MOS'es.

No comments: