Wednesday, March 7, 2007

Missing a tooth, now. Down to 30

I had a tooth extracted on Monday. It was done under general anaesthesia, so I felt nothing immediately. It is slow in healing however, and I still cannot chew mess hall food very well. I'm off quarters as of today, and might be headed back out into the field this evening. I don't feel quite back to myself, but hopefully that'll work itself out as time goes on.

Friday and Saturday of last week we did reflexive fire, and that was pretty good stuff. Sunday five of us were tortured with the Warrior Training Program (WTP), formerly known as Common Task Testing (CTT). Not much that we were tested on is applicable to our deployment to Afghanistan, and it took us from 0630 through 1800 Sunday. No time off for laundry or cleaning, or PX time, or even religious services.

I've been reading through the book of Matthew on my own time, however. Using my Holman translation. I've found a couple of interesting passages, including Matthew 3:9-10, where John the Baptist tells the Pharisees that God can raise up new children for Abraham from the very stones., and Matthew 18, where Jesus is talking about children. Clearly, the concepts of guardian angels and an "age of maturity" stem from this chapter. I'll have to talk with my pastor about a couple of questions I have with regard to some of what is written there.

My right ankle is getting better. It should be, I've basically been lying in bed for the last day and a half. Hopefully it will be fully recovered by the time I'm back out in the field doing full-speed training. Although, I do still have quite a few things that I need to take care of administratively before we deploy. I'll have to work all that out with Sgt. Knight. Mortar school really threw a huge monkey wrench into our plans.

God bless, and stay safe!

No comments: