Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Another Busy Week

Since Sgt. Arflin left, we have been short-handed. In order to man a gun truck, we need 3 personnel - a driver, a gunner, and a truck commander. Without Sgt. Arflin, we only have 5 people.

This has led to Sgt. Knight pulling extra duty, or double-duty, as SOG and then going on missions, within hours of each other. Horne has been promoted to Section Leader and is taking over the task of being Truck Commander (TC), but we're still short a gunner.

And now, Anderson leaves tomorrow to go home on leave for 15 days. To be honest, he'll probably be gone for 4 weeks. Goloyugo just got back, and he left late in August. So, with Anderson leaving, we're down to 4 people, one of whom has to pull SOG duty. Horne leaves in another week, and then I'm not sure WHAT we'll do. Possibly guard duty AND mission rotation? Maybe just missions? We'll see...

I can't even remember now if I was on missions last week. I remember we had a mission Monday to Qalat, and I think on Saturday we went to FOB Wilson and then to an ANA checkpoint near Sperwhen Ghar, but I just don't remember anymore. The days all run together now. Today we had a run to FOB Scorpion, then to An Kopf, and back, which took a few hours.

Oh, yes! Yesterday I achieved three out of five weightlifting goals! My body weight, abs exercises, and bicep goals were all achieved last night. My bench press is the one remaining achievable goal that I haven't yet accomplished!

No comments: