Friday, September 14, 2007

Leave is coming soon...

My 2 week leave is coming up in less than 50 days.

In addition, Anderson busted up his pinky finger, and has been on guard duty with me all this week (so far). Ramadan has started and as a result, ECP duty is not as hectic as it used to be.

Everquest has been working rather well, ping times often under 1000, so it's imminently playable. As a result, I've spent almost all my time asleep, on duty or missions, or playing Everquest. Yay Everquest!

I missed an opportunity to be in on a meeting with the contractor who is going to provide us with internet access. I have a feeling it's not going to be that good, and still going to be expensive.

I recently read Hell's Faire, by John Ringo, which was part of a series he wrote back in the late 90's. It was enjoyable, definitely written for military personnel. I've also read the story of the sinking of the USS Indianapolis in WWII, and a book about changing missionary work in the world, called Revolution in World Missions.

My black gloves have worn a hole in the fingertips of two fingers, so I am in need of more gloves. I hope I can get some tan cotton work gloves, kind of like gardening gloves, and also get a pair of leather work gloves like I used to have. One for the summer, when it's hot (like now) and one for in the winter.

We haven't been rocketed in a while, and from what I can tell there hasn't been much other activity. Looks like things are settling down.

No comments: