Sunday, February 24, 2008

Sick for the first time in Afghanistan

After almost 10 months of being in-country, I have finally come down with a head cold. It's probably just my annual bout of sinusitis, actually. It feels about the same as usual, scratchy throat, sinus pressure in my forehead, lots of nasal drainage. It makes me feel miserable for a week or so, then it goes away for a couple of weeks, comes back for another week, and then I'm done with it.

I had been wondering, in the past year or so, if it might not just be allergies, since it happens every year in the spring. However, Afghanistan is dry, there's not much pollen (although there is dust in the air, yes), and so I think I can rule out the simple allergies explanation.

Regardless, I'm pathetically under the weather for the moment. We do have the UTS server fixed, finally. Hopefully the internet will be running at a decent speed soon for everyone, and it won't take 2 weeks to upload a picture to blogspot in the future. There also is an upcoming trip to Camp Phoenix in Kabul. I hope to take pictures up there as well, so I'll have more interesting stuff to show everyone.

No comments: