Monday, February 25, 2008

UTS server fixed and a trip to Phoenix

Well, after working on the linux server for a couple of days, I have finally managed to get it working (I think). At least, if it's not working, they haven't come over to complain yet. I tested it last night and was sure it was working, anyway.

Technically, I'm not learning to work with Linux, so much as with MicroTik RouterOS, which is an overlay that goes on the server over the linux OS. I think...

Anyway, unless I hear different, it's fixed, and already it's showing a marked improvement. Someone in Zone 1 is really hogging all the bandwidth. REALLY.

Also, in the next day or two, I'm heading to Camp Phoenix via airplane to help the Supply Sergeant, SSGT Bobby Hall, with data entry that has to be done in timing with the computers back in the states. I don't know how long that will take. Hopefully the UTS guys can get by without me in the meantime. Also hopefully I'll have some good pictures of Kabul when I come back.

No comments: